Wednesday, June 17, 2009

To be fair...

I know, I'm all over this Nikki and Kristen thing these days. I can't help it... I've got this pretty finely tuned Bullsh*t detector, and this whole thing has just set it off. Not wondering about the nature of their relationship, but the obvious cover-up and "damage control" of removing Nikki Reed from all PR, and them not being seen together after months of being inseperable.

But in all fairness, I do remember what it was like to be in my early twenties. Having nothing to hold me back and just enjoy life (I still have that but just with some responsibilities to set a few boundaries to the madness, LOL).
Anyway, one of the reasons I remember this time of my life so fondly and vividly, is because it's when I met the love of my life.

We started out becoming the very best of friends, and our relationship was definitely very physically close as well - though not sexual. Oh, of course, it is quite sensual when you're always touching and staying practically attached at the hips and holding hands, but we insisted we were just friends.
We became friends knowing we were both gay (we met online and were both just looking for other gay friends actually), and so we opened up completely to each other immediately. There's nothing to hide or fake, when you're building a friendship, and not dating. LOL, everyone else thought it was obvious that we were actually falling in love and practicaly dating - no matter what we called it - and eventually, when we spent a night apart for the first time in weeks, we caved in.

During some late night texting, my new best friend (and favorite person in the Universe to be completely honest) suddenly asked if I thought we should be more than just friends. Without hesistation, I knew that I did. And after panicking over my cell phone suddenly refusing to send my reply - and creating some panic at the other end because no reply came - I finally managed to get a signal by hanging out the window with my cell phone.
Just a few days before, we had talked about how we really didn't have room to date anyone, cause we had each other. And any girlfriend would have to accept that we were best friends and physically close, cause we had no intention of not cuddling up next to one another in bed og stop holding hands. And what girlfriend would - or should - ever accept that. I certainly never would have myself. On the other hand, we didn't want to ruin our amazing friendship, so we knew we should be happy with "just" that. LOL, yeah, right, Sometimes you have to accept that you do have choices, and don't have to settle for less than what your heart desires. It probably would have ruined us if we hadn't realized what was happening.

Anyway, my point... when I see Nikki and Kristen (or Lindsay and Samantha back in the day, for that matter), then I see myself and Wifey. Being happy and carefree, not caring or minding that nobody else understands our relationship. But looking back, those people [our friends who knew us very well apperantly] who we claimed didn't understand what we had, were all probably just a lot quicker at seeing what was happening, while we were happy just living it.

And, looking back, I wouldn't have done a single thing differently... It was perfect! :o)

Lovingly,
- GayGirl

1 comment:

Sea Blue said...

I totally agree with u!
that's how it was with me too...and most people i know who are/were in a serious long term relationship.
You hit the nail on the head...i love your blog btw..very logical and there's proof to substantiate everything u say...
:)