Wednesday, September 24, 2008

LindSam confirms romance and Aiken is [officially] out

A lot has been said about Lindsay Lohan's way of dealing with the "rumours" of her being in a romantic relationship with Samantha Ronson. Now, I can understand and (at least in theory) respect the fact that as long as she hasn't confirmed anything, then it would technically be "outing her", when you report on their relationship.
However, she has done nothing to hide their relationship or her feelings, and has done everything short of saying "Yep, I'm gay". So why is it that when it's a same-sex relationship, then we simply have to have this verbal confirmation? I think it's just plain stupid, and LindSam have handled it all in a great way, which Sarah Warn of AfterEllen has written a great piece on here - oh yes, I do adore the entire concept and execution of the AfterEllen concept.
Anyway, all those in need of the verbal confirmation now have it! :o) Lindsay Lohan has now openly talked about their relationship live on the radio via phone in by stating that they've been together for "A very long time", when asked directly about their relationship (don't take my word for it, you can hear it here).
Again, I'll just point you in the direction of AfterEllen for the full story.
Lindsay truly makes me feel proud for her and the way she handled everything with the press throughout the rumours and constant speculation about her very public feelings. You rock! :o)

All smiles,
- GayGirl

P.S. I don't mean to diminish Clay Aiken's "Yes, I'm gay" statement on the cover of People Magazine, but it was hardly a surprise, and while Lindsay hasn't been hiding, then he really has been very coy about the "gay issue". I will however give him due respect, for coming out with his son in his arms, and attracting focus to gay parents. AfterElton (yes, I love that site too, and I LOVE gay guys, so I'll be sure to touch back on that topic soon) has the full story.

No comments: